Spring In The Winter...

By Lucy Harbron - 18:17






Hat - Oxfam
Crop Top - H&M
Trousers - Topshop
Trainers - Clarks Trigenics
Coat - Vintage
Lipstick - Topshop Infrared
I bought these trousers in spring and that's what they scream to me. The pale blue gingham and frills reminds me of Dorothy suffering the black and white hurricane and emerging in the bright colour world of Oz. I wore them all through spring and summer with white t-shirts and small black sleeveless crop tops, sandals and bare arms. But I can't do that now, it's officially winter here in Sheffield.

I have never been very good at adapting. As a child I used to go on holiday and make my parent's lives hell by crying for the first two days, simply because that strange hotel room was not my home. When I moved to uni, I called my mum and begged her to pick me up only days later. And it's guaranteed I will always hate my haircut initially. As a creature of routine and small homely comforts, I get stuck in my ways and I' m lost when I come unstuck. And I've been feeling that way a bit lately.

Despite wearing this trousers to death in the spring, they've been sitting in my wardrobe for weeks. Because they are spring, they are bare skin and crop tops and that's not where I am now. Just as I'm not very good at adapting, neither is my fashion. My mum hates it, but my clothes get stuck in a particular context or weather pattern and I struggle to ever see them past that.

So in a small attempt to re-adapt, I wore spring in winter. I swapped bare arms for this beautifully shaped, thick black crop top, and swapped my sandals for all white trainers and added an orange lip to keep a little bit of brightness on a grey day. I added a belt around the waist to tie in the black, and then later added my baker boy hat to keep my noggin warm. Throwing my trusty fur coat on top, I liked what I saw in the mirror. I liked the re-adaptation because really it wasn't too different. Just a bit of a greyer surrounding.

I can't stop the reasons, and I can't keep buying new clothes. So everything but keep up, and change to do so.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. nice post thanks for share this informative post ;
    you want a fraud aol company so you go direct given links;

    AOL Customer Care

    AOL Customer Care

    AOL Customer Care

    AOL Customer Care

    AOL Customer Care

    AOL Customer Care

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...