And I Am A Material Girl...

By Lucy Harbron - 20:21


I've got a thing about powerful women. Women who pioneer, fight hard, push for their passions, create change for themselves and/or others. Women that do things. Women that are bold and brave. There's no greater power in the world.

Madonna is a powerful woman. She changed the face of the music industry with her lyrics and visuals. She's reinvented herself so many times but remained a name, she's never slipped from idol status. When Madonna wore a pink cone bra in 1990 she shocked so many people, taking the high fashion underwear as outerwear trend, and putting it on MTV. The take on classic lingerie was a nod to the past of femininity, and was a bold statement about the future of women's sexuality as she again pushed the boundaries for risque outfits at the time. It's a powerful piece, the bullet bra is a powerful shape made from soft silk, the perfect metaphor for powerful women.

And this Halloween I payed homage.







I got this custom made Madonna outfit from House of Erotique. Each piece is handmade by Ben and you can tell that love and passion goes into each stitch. His customer service was incredible, and I can't even begin to describe what a pleasure it was to wear this outfit. It feels incredible on, fits perfectly, and is such high quality. Catch me wearing it around my house 24/7 from now on.

To complete the Madonna look I did the classic smokey eye and drew on a beauty mark. I tried to keep my hair poofy, then later tied it up in a slick high ponytail like she wore it during her Blond Ambition tour. I also added a chunky choker for a bit of neck bling. Oh and I also listened to Into The Groove about 15 times.

Check out Ben's work on his Instagram, and Depop. Because everyone deserves a Madonna outfit and a leopard print beret.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Talk to me...