Raw Brownie Energy Bites Recipe...

By Lucy Harbron - 20:07


Since being ill I've been trying to eat better to help build up my body and give me some natural energy. There's so many recipes all over the Internet and 'health gurus' that are eating all sorts of strange ingredients, expecting us all to just have them lying around. I got the Deliciously Ella book, and don't get me wrong I love the recipes, but some of the ingredients she claims you 'need', you really really don't!

So I adapted her Raw Brownies recipe to be a little more kitchen-cupboard friendly and oh my god I'm in love! They taste absolutely divine and give me so much energy. I love these for mid-afternoon snacks or a treat just before revision. So indulgent but still packed full of good ingredients. Want to make your own?

What You Need...

1 mug of pecans (you can substitute these for almond or sunflower seeds)
2 mugs of dates 
6 tablespoons for cocoa powder
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
1 tablespoon of chia seeds (optional)
A blender/food processor

Originally Ella uses Medjool dates as they're bigger and gooier. But they're so much more expensive and honestly normal dates work perfectly. I just make sure to soak the dates in some boiling water before had to soften them a little. Ella also uses raw cacao powder, but again it's pricey and hard to find, so I just use cocoa powder. 

I added some chia seeds to the recipe as they're so so so good for you. They're packed full of nutrients and antioxidants, they're a source of protein and give you a natural energy boost. They also give the brownie a nice texture as it stops them being too gooey. But they're totally optional if you don't have them!

What To Do...

1) While your dates soak, throw your pecans into your blender/food processor and blend them until they're a crumb-like texture. (but if you want a crunchier mixture, feel free to blend them less)

2) Add in the dates, cocoa powder, maple syrup and chia seeds and blend. It will probably form one big lump, so when its all merged together then you're done.

3) You can either roll the mixture into smaller lumps to create energy brownie bites, or flatten it into a tray to make a real brownie-like tray back. Either way, pop it in the freeze for an hour or so just to let it set.

And enjoy! So quick and easy to make, and trust me they're so yummy! I'm a little bit addicted.

Let me know if you try the recipe, or if you have any other healthy snack recipes!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Talk to me...